Sunday, January 16, 2011

Creative sketching on the ipad

The first idea I had was to take directly my process of sketching with pen into the iPad. I thought how different could using a stylus on a touch screen be from pen on paper. I mis represented in my mind how dependent that idea was on the application used for sketching. I am mostly over that idea, it has become realized that sketching Digital is different, it is different in medium in the same way as oil paintings Are different than pencils. When one try's to make one medium look like another there becomes difficulties and differences.

I have come to two major ideas and uses for sketching with the iPad, these are much the same as how I utillized a sketchbook. The first is simple idea sketchings items that come into my mind through out the day. The second is a more visual idea of what I see around me and interpret into more impressionistic or sculpture renderings of how I interpret the the feeling of what is seen.







It seams that tablet and slates are here, we as designers and thinkers now need to rethink how we design and process to maximize both out abilities and the technologies that exist today. With this we need to be in the forefront so that we make sure that the quality and effectiveness of our daily work is not compromised but rather fortified.

- Posted from the Sketchbook of tomorrow.

Location:Olympic Dr NW,Gig Harbor,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment